From time to time we publish informations about our work in English – you find a compilation here. General information about our Alliance “Legal certainty for political advocacy” you will find here..
The most important informations:
- An analysis of the legal difficulties that arise when non-profit organizations participate in the formulation of public policy; (in German)
- Our proposals for amendment to the tax code; (in German)
- List of supporters/members of our Alliance “Legal certainty for political advocacy”; (in German)
- Donations are also needed for our work – and the Alliance is recognized as a charitable organization;
- A membership application form for civil society organizations seeking to support our efforts to attain greater legal certainty;
- How to receive news bulletins via e-mail (mostly in German).
Current releases in English:
- Civil Liberties Union for Europe: Liberties Rule of Law Report (Mai 12, 2022) - "The enabling framework for civil society in Germany continues to raise rule of law concerns regarding the freedom of assembly and the financing framework for civil society groups. Tax law and jurisprudence continue to severely restrict and sanction political and critical engagement as well as advocacy work of civil society organisations." (2022: Civil Liberties Union… read more
- Challenges and abilities of civil society organizations to access resources (Februar 21, 2022) - In response to a Call for Inputs from the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association, Clément Nyaletsossi Voule for his report to be presented at the 50th session of the Human Rights Council the Alliance “Legal Certainty for political advocacy” sent a contribution to paint a… read more
- 2019: Public benefit status of five NGOs was revoked (Dezember 19, 2019) - Since the Attac case in early 2019 the public benefit status of non-profit organisations in Germany has been repeatedly weakened. The current law is a threat to organisations engaging in non-profit political counselling and action – which poses a threat to all charities and human rights defenders. In 2019 we were faced with four more… read more
- Interview Civic Space Watch about Attac case in Germany (Mai 8, 2019) - The platform "Civic Space Watch" is informing about the Attac case and therefore pulished an interview with Stefan Diefenbach-Trommer, the spokesperson of our coalition “Rechtssicherheit für politische Willensbildung” (Translated: Legal certainty for political advocacy). It focusses on how the Attac case will affect the wider civic space in Germany. Read more here: http://civicspacewatch.eu/germany-attac-ruling-could-affect-a-thousand-organisations-interview-with-coalition-for-legal-certainty-for-political-advocacy/ read more
- Analysis of the Federal Fiscal Court’s Attac decision (März 14, 2019) - This is a translation of the German text "Analyse des Attac-Urteils", published at 14th march 2019. The judgment in the Attac case by the [German] Federal Fiscal Court (BFH = Bundesfinanzhof) affects thousands of foundations (trusts) and societies. This judgment is not very helpful. It does not reflect the social developments of recent decades. At… read more
- Effect of the Attac ruling on civic commitment (März 1, 2019) - This is a translation of the German text "Auswirkungen des Attac-Urteils auf zivilgesellschaftliches Engagement", published on 1. march 2019. The German Federal Fiscal Court’s (BFH) judgement in the Attac case will affect thousands of associations and foundations throughout Germany, and likewise influence the involvement of the many thousands of people who belong to them. Accordingly… read more
- About the Alliance “Legal certainty for political advocacy” (Februar 28, 2019) - Civil society is charitable, pursues public benefit purposes, per se: a diverse political civil society gives our democracy life. Civil society encourages people to form opinions and stimulates debates that benefit the common good. It gives more people an opportunity to participate in social and political decision- making. It helps strengthen the rights, opinions and… read more